Art Historian, Ph.D in Art Studies, Senior Researcher of the Centre.
Research field: History of the Pre-Christian art; Early Medieval Stone Sculpture.
Activity: Lectures Arts and Culture of the Middle East I (since prehistory to Islamic period) at the University of Georgia, Department of Eastern Studies, School of Arts and Humanities;
Member of ICOM
Address: 17, Khakhanashvili str. Tbilisi, Mob: 599 512962
- To the History of Metalworking in Pre-Christian Georgia (Following the Treasure Preserved in Oni Local Lore Museum). Tbilisi, 2019 (bilingual Georgian-English book-album);
- Artistic Reminiscences of Ancient Zoomorphic Motif on the Medieval Stone Reliefs in Georgia. Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference: “Culture and Art in Contemporary Context”, Batumi Art State Teaching University, Batumi, 2019 (in Georgian with English resume);
- From Prehistory to Christianity (Following the Footsteps of Archaeological Cultures of Georgia Through the Perspective of Art History), 2018 (book in English);
- Retrospective of Zoomorphic Representations from Prehistoric Rock Engravings in Trialeti. Proceedings of the 2nd International Scientific Conference “Culture and Art: Research and Management”, Batumi Art State Teaching University, Batumi, 2017(in Georgian with English resume);
- Georgian Art, Volume Seven of the book series: Chveni Ghirsebani (“Our Values”), Tbilisi, 2015 (in Georgian. author of the chapters: Pre-Christian Art in Georgia; Medieval Georgian Architecture and Stone Relief; Georgian Embroidery);
- Trialeti Petroglyphs – Under Destruction (co-author M. Gabunia), Heritage Conservation Regional Network Journal, Eastern Partnership Culture Programme, Regional Co-operation for Cultural Heritage Development, №5, Tbilisi, 2014. see: http://rcchd.icomos.org.ge/?l=E&m=4-4&JID=5&AID=40;
- In Search of the Origins of the Bronze Openwork Buckles from Georgia, Kadmos, №5, Ilia State University, Tbilisi, 2013 (in English);
- Some Aspects of the Iconography of Zoomorphic Images, Georgian Antiquities, 14, Tbilisi, 2010 (in Georgian with English resume);
- Artistic and Plastic Transformation in the Late Antique Georgian Metalwork, Georgian Antiquities, 12, Tbilisi, 2008 (in Georgian with English resume);
- To the Semantics of the Bronze Openwork Buckles, Georgian Antiquities, 9, Tbilisi 2006 (in Georgian with English resume);
- To the Identification of the Provenance of Two Bronze Openwork Buckles, Georgian Antiquities, 9, Tbilisi, 2006 (in Georgian with English resume);
- Silver “Emblema” from Vani, Georgian Antiquities, 3, Tbilisi, 2003 (in Georgian with English resume).